History

Corner shop of Milner Road and Warwards LaneThis property is prominently loctated on the corner of the junction of Warwards Lane and Milner Road and still looks very similar to its earlier design. During the 1950's through to the 1970's, the property was actually used as general store in the trading name of 'A. and F. Pickup' and a grandson of the proprietors; Alf and Freda Pickup, continued to live in Warwards Lane with his family, until they moved to Kings Norton April 2014. The property is a little difficult to recognise it these days, due to the high hedge at the front, but this picture taken from the days when it was used as a general store (the Austin Mini Cooper is a dead giveaway!), will assist in placing how it appears now when walking past. After Alf and Freda moved out, it re-opened  as 'Wendy’s Hairdressers' for a period of time, and was then sold on as a the domestic residence it has remained to date. The post box remains where it has always been....